CareersJoin the growing J&A Engineering team.
AUDIO VISUAL ENGINEER
J&A Engineering is seeking a dedicated design engineer for audio visual systems. The ideal candidate enjoys developing and documenting engineered solutions but also understands that it’s all about working as a team and supporting the client. We participate in a challenging variety of projects from classrooms and conference rooms to performance spaces and laboratories.
• Design AV systems for a wide variety of applications.
• Develop AV systems infrastructure that provides conduit, power, structural, and physical space requirements that integrate the systems into the building.
• Document these systems in AutoCAD® or Revit® software. Documentation will also include generating system specifications or programming documents in narrative form.
• Review and comment on contractor submittals or questions from the design team or owner.
• Inspect construction for support of audio visual system requirements and inspect operation of completed systems installation.
• Attend project meetings as required. The majority of these project meetings would be in the Atlanta and North Georgia area.
We’re looking for:
• A technical degree, preferably in engineering
• 2+ years of experience in an AV systems design or AV engineering role with a minimum of 5 years of total experience in the industry working in a technical role
• Design experience in some or all of the following AV roles: medical AV systems design, educational AV systems design, business AV systems design, government AV systems design, house of worship AV systems design, broadcast engineering in either radio or television
• In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD® or Revit® design software
• Experience in generating loudspeaker layouts that range from recessed ceiling speaker configurations to surface mount boxes and clusters and arrays for small performance spaces. Experience with developing EASE® software room models is desirable.
770-817-4220, ext. 201
770-817-4220, Ext. 205